Harness The Suns Power
For any motorhome lover, the love for environment automatically comes along with it. Luckily, it is now the easiest time to be economically friendly with a wide range of solar panels and solar accessories available at UK Leisure Parts. By installing a system of solar energy in your motor vehicle or camper van, you are able to harness the suns power and store it for energy for your gadgets and accessories you use on the road. During this page, the different solar products which are sold by UK Leisure Parts will be discussed, alongside the best guide into picking the best solar panels for your vehicle.
Current Panels Available
At UK Leisure Parts, we provide 3 specific solar technology products – to make your motor home more economically friendly and energised. The 3 products are listed below:
- The semi-flex solar panel kit with intelligent power. This kit is the ultimate choice for flat or slightly curved surfaces, as the panels can be placed anywhere on your vehicle with ease. The top layer of the panel is extra resilient – especially in tough weather systems. It also has an excellent ‘self-healing’ capacity, in the event that the panel comes into contact with external object such as branches.
- Rigid-Mono high density solar panel roof and deck top kit. This is perfect for the solar panel beginners who want a premium but basic panel package. With two power ratings of 120 and 155 watts, the solar panels can provide a continuous feed of power to prevent any battery drains in your motorhome or caravan.
- 100-Watt Solar panel kit in Black. This option is cheap, but of a specialised quality – as it can provide 100 watts of solar power to continue supplying power to your home.
Picking the right solar panel for you
It is important to understand the right and best possible kind of solar technology for your specific vehicle. There are many components in the way the solar technology can work – such as the wiring, charge controller, inverter, etc. These can all effect how the energy is converted, and then used for your gadgets and accessories that you use on the road.
Before purchasing any solar technology, it is important to measure the vehicle to make sure that they can fit on. Once this has been done, you can make the decision between Monocrystalline or Polycrystalline Solar Panels. This choice is entirely dependant on your budget and the amount of space you have to work with.
Tips for getting the most of out of your solar technology:
- When capturing energy, make sure you are parked under direct sunlight – even slight shadows can effect the amount of energy generated for campers.
- Do regular leisure battery checks and maintenance.
- Replace electrical items in your campervan to allow for less energy consumption.
- Clean your panels regularly – pollution and dust from trees can all reduce the amount of sunlight that hits your solar panels, so keeping them well maintained helps them run more efficiently.
For more specific information on the solar technology we offer here at UK Leisure Parts, feel free to take a look at our website.